Brandon Criminal Defense Lawyer
Reliable Misdemeanor, Felony, Drug Crime, & DUI Attorneys in Hillsborough County
The Curry Law Group can provide you with an experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer here in the Tampa Bay/Hillsborough County, Florida area.
If you are in need of a Tampa, Brandon, Hillsborough County area criminal defense attorney, the Curry Law Group welcomes your call. Facing criminal charges can affect you on a very personal level and can be a very stressful time to anyone being accused.
Defending and protecting your frights at this critical time is essential. For most people, the idea of knowing or finding a criminal defense attorney may have never crossed your mind. We understand how stressful this may be for you and your family. Don’t delay. Contact our firm today to find out more how we can assist you or your loved one when facing criminal charges.
If you are reading this page, unfortunately, you or a loved one may have to deal with the threat of a criminal charge. We understand the serious impact on your life and your future when faced with criminal prosecution. At Curry Law Group, we have experienced lawyers capable of defending you from the criminal charges with the goal of a complete dismissal, acquittal, or negotiated plea with the State Attorney’s Office for a reduced charge.
At Curry Law Group, we are experienced in dealing with a variety of misdemeanor, felony, juvenile, traffic, and domestic violence offenses. We are capable of handling these offenses from the initial investigation stage, before charges are even filed by the State Attorney’s Office, up through and including trial. Even after your criminal case is over, we can assist you in probation violations and the sealing or expungement of your criminal records.
The best advice is to contact us at Curry Law Group as soon as possible when facing a criminal charge. The sooner we are able to get working on your case, the more options you will have for a better outcome.
What you can expect from The Curry Law Group is aggressive and determined representation willing to defend your rights. As a peer reviewed Martindale Hubbell AV rated law firm, it’s our sincere conviction to deliver our highest level of service and attention to your case. Our highly skilled attorneys provide each client with respectful, compassionate and aggressive legal counsel throughout the central Florida area. Our paralegals and support staff are also committed to producing the best results for all clients.
Personal Touch – The first people whom you speak to when contacting our firm will be our paralegals. Together they have more than 25 years of experience working with Clif Curry, Daniel King and the rest of the Curry Law Firm. We are easily accessible, and welcome your calls to answer any questions that you may have concerning your case. You will always be treated with the utmost respect and provided with the individual care and
concern. We care about our clients, and our paralegals are here for you.
Diligent Representation – The Curry Law Group is committed to delivering professional and compassionate representation. How does this translate into the real world for
our clients? As a small local firm, it means we are thoroughly prepared on our clients behalf. We are dedicated to providing the needed time and resources to each case for proper analysis and review. This means considering different and creative approaches to resolving your criminal case with the most favorable outcome in mind. Because each case is unique, our tactic or approach may differ based on the particular circumstances of your case. The bottom line is we will properly research your case and commit the needed team of researchers to formulate an aggressive trial strategy to best handle your matter.
Criminal Process in Florida
The criminal process in Florida is a multifaceted legal journey that individuals may find challenging without proper guidance. Understanding the key stages of this process is crucial for those facing criminal charges in the state.
1. Arrest: The process often begins with an arrest, where law enforcement officers detain a person based on suspicion of committing a crime. Following the arrest, the individual is taken to a police station for booking.
2. First Appearance: Within 24 hours of arrest, the accused is brought before a judge for a first appearance. During this proceeding, the judge informs the individual of the charges, assesses bail, and determines the appointment of legal representation.
3. Arraignment: The arraignment is the formal reading of charges in court. The accused enters a plea—typically "guilty," "not guilty," or "no contest." Legal representation is crucial at this stage to guide the accused through the plea process.
4. Pretrial Proceedings: Pretrial proceedings involve evidence gathering, witness interviews, and negotiations between the defense and prosecution. Both parties may engage in discovery to obtain information relevant to the case.
5. Trial: If a resolution is not reached during pretrial proceedings, the case proceeds to trial. The prosecution and defense present their cases, witnesses testify, and evidence is presented. A judge or jury then determines guilt or innocence.
6. Sentencing: If the accused is found guilty, a separate sentencing hearing is conducted. The judge imposes penalties, which may include fines, probation, or imprisonment.
Understanding each stage of the criminal process is vital for individuals facing charges in Florida. Seeking legal representation early in the process ensures that the accused can navigate the complexities and safeguard their rights throughout the legal proceedings.
Serving all of Hillsborough County, FL, including Tampa, Brandon, Valrico, Plant City, and other surrounding areas, our law firm in Brandon, FL is here to help you through these most difficult times. Trust the seasoned attorneys at The Curry Law Group in Brandon, FL. Call us at (813) 548-5450 or contact us online today to discuss your case. Se habla español.
Get a head start by viewing the informational material provided on this site to help you become more familiar with the legal process and what information you need to provide. Then as an educated client, you can choose our legal experienced and determined attorneys who will fight to resolve the issue in your favor.